Eating My Garbage
Dumbfounded by a call from a political pollster who sounds suspiciously like Laura Linney, David searches himself for a rational reason to believe the nation isn't utterly doomed. When he can't quite think of one, he turns to irrational reasons. That's when his search gets more promising.
- Written and performed by David Mogolov. Directed by Steve Kleinedler.
- Music by Ryan Walsh and Evan Sicuranza.
- Debuted at the 2014 FRIGID New York festival.
DigBoston loved it, writing that the show (PDF, sorry - the Dig version vanished) is "carefully constructed and fucking hilarious."
Dallas's TheaterJones worries for my sanity in a glowing review: "The man thinks too much and it's not good for him, but a boon for us, sort of like George Carlin in that way."
- Another great review from NYTheater Now: "...looks at the fragmented state of the Union with wit and intelligence and a wry sensibility that blends the naive optimism and weathered cynicism that is so characteristic of American in the 21st century."
- Fantastic review from of New York's Stagebuddy.com:
"Eating My Garbage... has all the elements that make off-Broadway theater worth going to: great material, great direction and great performance."
Interviews and Previews
- WitOut interviews me and Steve.
- Philadelphia Magazine: "5 Things to Do in Philly This Week"
- The wonderfully named Philebrity previews the show.
- Pre-debut interview about the show with the New York theater site The Happiest Medium.
- Interview with Stagebuzz.com's Byrne Harrison.
- "Spotlight On" interview with Theater In the Now.
- NYC - UNDER St. Marks performances:
- Wednesday, 2/19, 10:15 pm
- Monday, 2/24, 7:05 pm
- Friday, 2/28, 5:30 pm
- Thursday, 3/6, 7:05 pm
- Saturday, 3/8, 2:05 pm
- Philadelphia - PhilaMOCA, 531 N 13th St
- Wednesday, 3/12, 8pm
- Somerville, MA - Davis Square Theatre
- Thursday, 6/12, 7pm - guest: Jackie Arko
- Friday, 6/13, 7pm - guest: Will Luera
- Thursday, 6/12, 7pm - guest: Lori Strauss
- Friday, 6/13, 7pm - guest: Rachel Klein
- Saturday, 6/14, 9pm - guest: Katie Leeman
- Thursday, 6/19, 7pm - guest: Steve Kleinedler
- Friday, 6/20, 7pm - guest: Claire Ayoub
- Dallas, TX - Margo Jones Theatre, Dallas Solo Fest.
- May 16, 7:30 pm
- May 17, 10:30 pm
- May 18, 7:00 pm